Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fixing My Fringe

I am obsessed with bangs. I have been wearing my hair in bangs for as long as I can remember. I have an insane love/hate relationship with this hairstyle. I tend to keep my bangs in the sideswept style, but even that presents problems for me. Sometimes it feels like most days all I do is just roll them under and pin them back, but I HATE my forehead (it is so wrinkly...like an old man).





My love affair with bangs has included many variations of lengths and even the occasional blunt fringe:

Until I watched this YouTube video, I had no idea that ALL THESE YEARS I had been doing it ALL WRONG. I turns out I had NO IDEA how to style my own sideswept bangs. This woman here changed my life:



My favorite bit of her video is at the end where she takes the hairspray on her fingertips and touches that to the edges of her bangs. I've always had problems with my bangs frizzing and this completely eliminates that! Amazing!

I also have had issues with trimming my bangs. It is really frustrating to trust my bangs to someone else - I have problems of returning home with them still too long, with them cut at odd angles that I don't usually wear them, with them being cut too short and having to be hidden away for weeks until they grow out - I just get so exasperated. I finally, with some inspiration from a handful of video tutorials, began attempting to trim them myself, using red-handled teacher school scissors (WARNING - this is highly looked down upon, but I just don't feel like buying the fancy scissors when these have actually served me pretty well!). I have been taking off a teensy bit at a time by cutting vertically upwards in tiny chunks and finally this morning I got them to exactly where I want them!

Ta da!



Styled using the tutorial from the video above, except I skip the step with the flat iron. That is a little more effort than I'm willing to put in when they look so great at this step! :)

Be sure to check me out on Instagram! #becomingthegirlygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment