Thursday, March 13, 2014

March Birchbox Reviews: Skin Care

Hello Again!

[hi! <--Corbin typed that!]

So far I've tried two of the products in my March Birchbox: the Vasanti BrightenUp! enzymatic face rejuvenator and the Coola tinted mineral sunscreen.



Last night I used the rejuvenator.  Basically it is papaya enzymes and microcrystals that you apply to your damp face in small circular motions.  It works as an exfoliator, and it smells pretty decent.  It did make my face feel a little tingly, but after I rinsed it away, my face felt sooo smooth and wonderful.  It says I can use it 3-5 times a week, and I might just take them up on that offer.  I'd like to try it in the mornings in lieu of my usual salicylic acid facewash just to see if it makes a difference in how dry my skin ends up.  As it is, my face gets super dried out after using my facewash and I have to drench it in moisturizer.

Speaking of moisturizer...usually I use Clinique's gel moisturizer for oily combination skin.  I love that it isn't a lotion because it soaks right into my skin and doesn't leave an oily residue.  This morning after washing my face, I used the Coola tinted moisturizer with SPF 30 sunscreen.  I LOVE the matte finish and I love that is seemed to even out my tone (I get red areas around my mouth), but I still don't know if it was ENOUGH moisture.  I want to try it again on a day that I didn't use my face wash and my face isn't already feeling super dried out.  I liked it enough that I am definitely excited about trying it again and possibly purchasing the full size.  With the way it evened out my tone, it is like a moisturizer (which I already use) and a concealer in one, and that would save me time and make my skin look nice!

My face after 9 hours at work!

Ignore the sling...I have a Grade I AC joint sprain.  Yay roller derby!

I think my skin looks fantastic here!  So I'm pretty pleased with the products.  I will definitely edit this post if I find that anything changes.  Now on to that Curl Keeper...

1 comment:

  1. You so pretty.

    I hope I get that tinted moisturizer in my box.

    ReplyDelete